Before filing for bankruptcy, ask yourself the following questions…
- Do you have debts exceeding $5000, not including what you owe on your car or home?
- Are you are often late making payments?
- Are you are using credit to purchase food or clothing?
- Are you are considering taking out a loan to pay existing loans?
- Are you are receiving frequent calls from collection agencies?
- Are you seeing a rise in credit balances despite making payments?
- Are you are more than 30 days late on at least two bills?
- Are you having difficulty purchasing car insurance because it is too expensive?
- Are your wages being garnished?
- Do you owe more on your car than it’s worth?
- Does the interest on your debt exceed 20%?
- Do you frequently request cash advances from your employer?
- Have you been served with a lawsuit?
- Have your requests for more credit been rejected?
- Is your rent or mortgage payment often late?
- Do you have outstanding medical bills that your insurance provider does not cover?
- Are you unable to pay what you owe for your income taxes?
- Is your savings account nonexistent?
If your financial situation is characterized by at least three of these conditions, you are a good candidate for declaring bankruptcy. The next question is…
Which type of bankruptcy is right for me?
Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy are the most common types filed by Ohio residents. By sitting down with the seasoned team at Thomas D. Berry Attorney at Law, you’ll be able to determine which course of action is best for you and those you love most.
Which type of bankruptcy you file for depends on eligibility requirements, your current financial situation and your plans for the future. At Thomas D. Berry Attorney at Law, your estimate and initial consultation are both free. With over two decades’s experience in bankruptcy law, Mr. Berry can help you take control of your financial future and put the past behind you. It’s as simple as a phone call.